Students have been exploring life during the earliest civilization of Mesopotamia. Through their exploration they have looked at what it is like to live with annual flooding, common droughts and limited building materials. The people of Mesopotamia have came up with ways to cope with these environmental issues that led to revolutionary ways of controlling their environment. The new technologies and achievements have led to specialized jobs and the rise of social class systems. Students are currently learning what some of these specialized jobs are.
Their assignment is, if they have not finished:
In early Mesopotamia societies began to organize into different classes. Each class had particular jobs.
From page 17 in the Interactive Notebook you are asked to pick a job that you found during your research from the text book.
The cover letter will be written on page 18 in the Interactive Notebook.
The cover letter of must have:
- Address (Make up an address for a city in Mesopotamia)
- To ____________________________ (example: To King of Ur)
- Why do you want the job.
- Why would you be good at the job. (give at least 2 reasons.)
- Follow up (explain how your potential employer can find you or how you will get a hold of them)
- Sincerely ___________________ (your name)
This should be completed by Monday Dec. 2.