Finish front and back of Algebra Practice Worksheet.
Archive for the 'Uncategorized' Category
Churchill High School has been offered an excellent fundraising opportunity. Finally, a fundraiser that will not cost you anything except about 20 minutes of your time. The event is called Drive One 4 Ur Community and is sponsored by Ford Canada. Here is how it works.
On May 22nd from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., representatives from Landau Ford will be at Churchill High School, along with 6 or 7 brand new Ford cars (including a truck and maybe even a Mustang). All you have to do is sign a waiver and test drive one of these cars, complete a very short survey and Ford will donate $20.00 to CHS. Ford will give us up to $6,000. for our troubles. All money raised will be shared by the football program, the graduation activities, the art program and PeaceLearners’ Adopt-A-Village project.
Participants must be 18 years of age or older and hold a valid driver’s licence. One test drive per household only, please.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Tanis and Dave
As you may know by now, Thursday is the “Day of Silence”, in which students pledge to not talk all day in order to raise awareness for those without a voice. Last week, the PeaceLearners group put on a presentation about this day, with video featuring a former child soldier who spoke at We Day.
Students who wish to participate must donate money to our Adopt-a-Village program. They can donate any amount they want as long as it is at least a dollar. Parents are welcome to donate as well. If you have any questions about the Day of Silence please ask Tanis or I.
Please click on above link to get a small idea of the video project we are planning for next year!
Percent and Ratio Practice Test.
- 1. Find the missing ratio:
- a. 3:4 = ?:12 b. 1:7 = 14:x c. 3:5 = 9:? d. 9:10 = 81:y
- 2. Find the missing ratio:
- a. 2:5 = x:9 b. 2:6 = 3:? c. 16:x = 12:15 d. 2:3 = y:42
- 3. A stick is cut into four different lengths. The ratio of the length of one piece to the next shorter one is always 2:1. What is each piece as a fraction of the whole stick?
- 4. Rewrite each rate as a number of items for $1.00.
- a. 4 cookies for 50 cents b. 3 kg of sugar for $1.20
- 5. Which of the following games is the best deal?
-3 tosses for 50 cents
-5 tosses for $1.00
-9 tosses for $1.60
- 6. Which store has the better buy for orange juice? Show your work.
- 7. Store A: 1.25L for $2.50 Store B: 0.75L for $1.35
- 8. A beaded necklace has red, blue, and purple beads in the ratio of 5:3:1. One necklace has 36 beads. How many of each colour does it have?
- 9. On a survey, 36 out of 163 people preffered Coke over Pepsi.
- a. What percent liked Pepsi?
- b. What is the ratio of people who liked Coke to Pepsi?
- 10. After working out for months, Conally increased the weight he lifted by 123%. He started with 60lbs. How much weight can he lift now?
- 11. An iPad costs $595.00. It is on sale for 15% off the regular price. Then you talk the salesperson into another 10% off. What is the final cost with 12% tax included?
- 12. Krista wants to buy a DVD. HMV sells the DVD at 10% off the regular price of $19.99. Walmart sells the same DVD for $22.99 with 15% off. Which store is the better buy?
- 13. Desmond pays $86 for two concert tickets.
- a. What was his cost per ticket? Write as a cost and as a ratio
- b. How much would 5 tickets cost?
- 14. If 6 kg of apples cost $21.00, how many kg of apples can you buy for $35.00?
The PeaceLearners are organizing a drive for blankets, jackets, and other cold weather gear to donate to Siloam Mission. If you have any unwanted or unused gear that you would be able to donate for this cause, please send the items with your son/daughter and have them drop them off in my room.
- 1. Fine online the structure you are building. If you are not building a structure, find a structure from your ancient civilization.
- 2. Create a word document with the name of your structure, a picture of it, and the dimensions of it in real life.
- 3. Using graph paper, draw a scale bird’s-eye diagram of your structure.