As there are only a few days remaining before we head to camp, I would like to send out a few reminders just on the off chance that the information isn’t being brought home.
1) An information letter was sent home regarding protocol that we would follow in the case of an emergency. It includes contact information for camp, etc.
2) All forms and payment would be gratefully received no later than this Friday. I need to deposit it before we leave.
3) We have been blessed with Bonnie, Dawn, and Juliana as drivers/volunteers to stay with us at camp.
4) Dave is not able to attend this year due to the fast-approaching wonderful addition to his family, so the lovely Cael Rollins is stepping up to take his place.
5) The water is safe to drink at West Hawk. It is unnecessary to send huge vats of water to camp, and we are boycotting the cases of small water bottles in an effort to remain as environmentally friendly as possible. I suggest sending your child with a water bottle, and perhaps packets of drink crystals to cover the taste.
6) Your children (in their camping groups) are responsible for all of the gear and food to sustain themselves for a two-nightm three-day adventure. Gear lists have been sent home, food arrangements have been made. We should be good to go.
7) If you have any questions or last minute concerns, please do not hesitate to call me at the school during the day (474-1301), or at my home during the evening (452-1819). If I don’t answer, feel free to leave a message as I will be out of town throughout the weekend, but will be checking my e-mail and phone for messages.
8) This should be fun….the long-term weather forecast calls for sun and hot-but-not-too-hot temperatures.
With thanks for every single thing that you do!