Here is what’s current in the world of Flex…
1) The Hunger Games that are scheduled for Friday have been moved from Bird’s Hill Park to St. Vital Park.
- We are still missing permission forms from fifteen of your children.
- We are in need of many awesome parent drivers.
- We are in the process of booking a shelter that would allow us to attend rain or shine.
2)Most everyone seems to be in a bit of a panic over the exams that are approaching.
- I am trying to instill in your children that exams are not that big a deal. Yes, you have to study for them. Yes, studying can be fun. Yes, Dave and I are here to help everyone through the process.
- Science exam prep will occur following the English exams on June 4 and 5. We will use English class time to prepare. Things you may want to purchase are fun-coloured markers and recipe cards that they can bring to class.
3) We need the exam permission forms back.
- These permit your son or daughter to head home after exams and rest, regroup, in the comfort of their own home.
- If these forms do not make it back to school, we are legally responsible to keep your children with us for the entire day.
- Just to clarify – they will be exempt from school only during the official exam week of June 18 – 22.
- You may have heard rumor of the activity days for grade 7 students.
- Forms will be sent home late next week to explain the activities that are available for your children in June 25,26,27.
5) Grade 8 Camp
- We will be camping at West Hawk.
- Dates are June 25,26,27
- Letters will be heading home late next week with full details…
6) Final flex potluck on June 21!
- Come one, come all.
- bring a food dish, and bring your own dishes.
- let’s celebrate a great community of learners….
That’s all folks. Any questions, please feel free to e-mail Dave. Just kidding. Feel free to e-mail either of us at any time.