Time Friday Feb. 27th
4:00 p.m. Linden Christian vs. Van Walleghem A
5:15 p.m. Churchill vs. Bruce
6:30 p.m. Bruce vs. Linden Christian
7:45 p.m. Churchill vs. Van Walleghem A
Time Saturday Feb. 28th
9:00 a.m. Bruce vs. Van Walleghem A
10:30 a.m. Linden Christian vs. Churchill
12:00 p.m. 3rd place game(3rd vs. 4th)
1:30 p.m. Championship(1st vs. 2nd)
This is the practice quiz we went over today. The test will be a similar format with similar questions. We went over these questions in class, so each student should have written down the answers along with how to show work.
1. 12 786 out of 14308 people were rooting for Canada during the Olympic hockey game between Canada and the U.S. What percent of people were sad after the game? (They lost)
2. Jane ate 47% of a 5.9 kg of pie. How many kilograms did she eat?
3. Joe wanted to leave a 15% tip on his bill at Moxie’s. His bill was $63.84. What will Joe spend?
4. The average Canadian spends 9% of a day watching television. How many hours is this?
5. A laptop costs $1099.99. What is the total price (with tax)?
6. 14 122 people voted in an election. 16 301 could have voted. What percent of the people voted?
Due to scheduling conflicts, Tanis and I have to reschedule the meeting for all parents and students attending winter camp to next Thursday, Feb. 25th at 6:30pm. This will be a general information night where we hope we can answer all your questions regarding camp, and outline the expectations we have from the students who are attending.
A few items for next week:
1) A reminder that the Science Fair backboards are in for the low price of two dollars. We will be finishing off the projects shortly.
2) Wednesday evening is Open House. Dave and I will be looking for some super-keen students to come out that evening and help promote the program and Churchill in general. If you could pass it by your children and let me know if they would be interested, that would be great.
3) Winter camp is close at hand. I will be sending home the medical forms, a potential supply list, and a tentative agenda early in the week. I am welcoming the balance of the camp cost at your earliest convenience, though payment is not necessary until the end of the month.
4) The Valentine’s dance is this Thursday afternoon. Tickets are $2.00 and will be sold during lunch hours. All proceeds go to the graduating class of 2010.
5) Report cards will be sent home on Friday. Monday is the last date that Dave and I will be accepting late assignments for the term. Marks are entered before school-end on Monday.
With sincere thanks for your on-going support,
Tanis Westdal and Dave Law